Home > Online Shop > The Hardiesmill 10 Steak Experience
The Hardiesmill 10 Steak Experience
Have you heard of Bavette, Onglet, Feather Steak, Thick Rib or Popeseye? Have you ever wondered what people mean by "happy cattle", what the difference is between "free range" and "organic", why the fillet is so expensive and what the cheaper steaks taste like? For those curious, the "Hardiesmill 10 Steak Experience" is a fun day out for foodies and makes an ideal present for the harder to please.
Run on the farm on a Friday afternoon in small groups, guests are greeted with a light lunch and a tour of the farm and cattle. After a butchery demonstration, it's back to the farmhouse for the "Hardiesmill 10 Steak Experience" - 10 different types of steaks from 10 different parts of the carcase to tease your taste buds. Our objective is to give you a good, understanding of what counts with beef to ensure you get the best possible eating experience for your money.
To do this, the afternoon will be spent covering the following:
- A bit about farming. Farms, measurables and fashions.
- Breed vs. Beef, exploring Aberdeen Angus.
- Breeding, feeding & handling - the difference & the impact of each on the Beef..
- Tour the cattle. Understanding the cuts.
- Marbling, hanging and maturing - definition and impact.
- Seam cutting vs. standard
- The 10 Steak Experience - Every steak, even if off the same beast, has a different flavour and level of tenderness. In one sitting get to compare the range from Flash fry, Onglet, Bullet and Thick Rib to Popeseye, Ribeye, Fillet & the exclusive Oysters of Beef .
We will be running the "10 Steak Experience" on the dates below, starting at 12.30pm and finishing at around 5.00pm. Typically eight people to a group. Please book for the experience below, or purchase vouchers by calling 01573 410797 and/or emailing email@example.com and we will call you back.
10 Steak Experience Ticket for 12:30hrs 17th Jan 2014 (£)
10 Steak Experience Ticket for 12:30hrs 25th April 2014 (£)
10 Steak Experience Ticket for Group Bookings, typically of 8, flexible dates (£) .
Corporate events, trade and coach tours, please call 01573 410797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org